You are here
Account Manager/Business Developer
Who we are
Approach Cyber is a pure-play cyber security and privacy company.
Approach Cyber has been providing cyber security services to international clients for over 20 years and employs around one hundred experts in the field.
At Approach, we believe that everyone deserves digital peace-of-mind. This is our vision, our aspiration for a society where each and every one is reassured, where there is confidence and security in the digital world. Therefore, our role is to bring cyber serenity to society.
Every day, we take care of our clients’ cyber security while they focus on their business. We help them to prevent, withstand and recover from cyber security incidents and enable them to keep their full attention on their core activities.
We offer 360-degree solutions to improve our customers’ cyber resilience: anticipate, prevent, protect, detect, respond and recover. We are committed to delivering top-notch services: consulting and audit, training and awareness, security technology integration and software development. Approach is also a true Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) thanks to our shared Security Operations Centre (SOC).
Approach Cyber’s ambition is to become a global company and recognised leader in its field.
Having achieved sustainable growth in Belgium (Approach is regularly listed among the “Trends Gazelles”), and recently opened a new office in Switzerland, the company now aims to accelerate its development, by building up a powerful and dedicated team of Account Managers / Business Developers, with a strong business acumen and a passion for cyber security.
Who we are looking for
We are currently actively looking for key individuals who will shape the future structure of our group.
In this context, we are recruiting an Account Manager / Business Developer for our sales team who will play a key role in ensuring Approach's growth over the next few years.
Your role & responsibilities
As an Account Manager, your will be responsible for selling and positioning Approach Cyber’s portfolio of services and solution, prospecting and finding new customers, and commercially guiding them through their cyber security journey. You will build your own client portfolio and identify new opportunities (cross-selling, up-selling, renewals, etc).
Reporting directly to our Sales Director, you will be part of a growing sales team within a matrix organisation involving our business units and sales support team.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Fully understand our solution portfolio and services to generate well qualified opportunities and differentiate from Approach's competitors.
- Execute sales plans in collaboration with the Sales Director and build your own client target list.
- Prospect the market and generate new leads (new contacts) in various sectors (Financial Services, Software & Technologies, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Defence, Automotive, Public Sector, etc.).
- Conduct face to face meetings with clients.
- Identify & qualify prospects' needs and work with our presales & technical team to develop a tailored solution in line with our services & solutions.
- Formulate commercial proposals to prospects and customers in line with their needs and challenges and our pricing strategy.
- Manage customer communication and follow-up, through negotiation to contract signature.
- Manage client relationships and identify new opportunities (cross-selling, up-selling, renewals, etc).
- Strengthen our relationships and expand our network of clients.
- Work with all your colleagues (presales, delivery managers, solution owners, business unit directors, account managers). Be responsible for your own forecasting sales on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Participate in marketing campaigns.
- Represent Approach Cyber at company or external events.
The candidate should have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a B2B Service Sales position where you developed:
- Strong communication, listening and commercial skills
- Good writing skills
- A strong customer focused approach
- A helicopter view and strong analytical skills, a structured mindset
- An ability to prioritise multiple client interests
- A strong affinity for new business development
- Ability to manage relationships with high-level stakeholders:
- Good understanding of the considerations of senior management (strategic level) and the ability to advise them in their decision making.
- Ability to communicate with more technical people.
- Willingness to deliver high quality results and to go the extra mile.
- Preferably fluent in Dutch, French and English
Considered as a plus:
- Any sales experience within the ICT/digital/cyber security sector
- A personal network of client contacts within the Belgian cyber security landscape
- Expertise and previous experience in cyber security, data protection and privacy
Mindset & soft skills:
- Collaboration: You should be able to work well with others and collaborate effectively with stakeholders, including internal teams, customers, and senior management. You are a team player with good listening skills.
- Persuasive: You should be able to persuade and legitimise your value proposition to your customers within the sales process. You are business-minded and always looking for efficient ways of working.
- Sales drive: You should have the usual skills of a salesperson: autonomy, curiosity, creativity & initiative skills, commitment to your goals.
- Influence & persuasion: You are an excellent communicator with persuasive skills, combined with a talent for presentation.
- Uncompromising integrity: We can count on you to respect the confidentiality of both client and company information.
- Join a dynamic and fast-growing company backed by strong private investors to enhance your career path and personal development
- Get the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and experience by working alongside experienced sales professionals
- Develop in a dynamic working and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multicultural and international team
- Report directly to the Sales Director
- Benefit from an attractive salary package, including a full range of benefits:
- Attractive Sales Incentive Plan (bonus on target achievement with accelerators)
- Company car and fuel card
- Competitive group insurance including pension fund, death, and disability coverage,
- Attractive complementary insurances for non-work-related accident and loss of salary in case of sickness, contribution fully supported by the company
- Flexible home working policy
- Other fringe benefits (meal vouchers, eco vouchers, …)
Don’t wait and send us your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us in our commitment to deliver cyber serenity and contribute to a safer digital world.
We count on you to embody and communicate our core values internally and externally:
We strive for best-of-the-best while staying up to date with the latest technology.
We care about people in the digital world, listening before interacting respectfully in a responsible environment.
We go for it, we work together, we are committed to deliver, to exceed expectations.