You are here
When to integrate security into your software development lifecycle?
Despite the number of cyber-attacks on applications, too many developer teams still don’t integrate security into the early stages of the development life cycle.
By waiting until the app is ready for release before testing its security, you risk higher costs and long delays to correct any detected vulnerabilities. According to the NIST, fixing an issue found in production has a cost up to 60x times higher than if you fix it directly when coding.
To maximise your efficiency and reduce your risks, we can help you integrate security at every step of the process. It is important to not only shift-left – and include it in the early phases of development – but you should also consider stretching right thereby securing the deployment and maintenance phases of your process too.
Why now more than ever?
- Applications are one of the most privileged targets for hackers with more than 50% of all software carrying critical vulnerabilities. Learn more in our pentest report.
- Tools can help you automate some security processes thereby optimising your investment.
- The market demand for more secure and trusted applications continues to grow.
- Regulations for data safety are becoming more constraining than ever.
- Reduce your costs and maximise your ROI
- Secure your applications and reduce your risks
- Improve your code quality
- Quicker time to market
- Answer regulatory demands for data privacy and security
Our skilled DevSecOps consultants can support you to implement secure-by-design applications whether you are still in the conception stage, in the process of developing your application or even if it is already launched.
We can help you to develop or strengthen your developers’ security mindset and awareness.
We assess the security of your development practices, people & tools to define the desired maturity growth.
We can coach your security champion or your whole dev team to create ‘secure by design’ software.
We integrate Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) as well as dependency validation and software composition analysis tools.
Why choose us?
- Your ideal partner to enhance your DevOps practices towards efficient DevSecOps.
- Benefit from our expertise to increase your maturity level in secure development.
- We have a pragmatic approach to security without compromising on user experience and business emergencies.
- 20 years expertise in cyber with a pool of expertise to challenge and support you throughout the development life cycle.
- Our unique experience developing highly secure software for banking, FinTech, digital identity and HR management applications.
Approach, your cyber security partner
NewsSee all publications
Approach is now a triple Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner
We are now a Microsoft Gold Partner in 3 areas: cloud platform, application...
Who is the security champion in your developers’ team?
Identify a volunteer within your developers team willing to support the...
Shift-left testing, what are the benefits for your application?
When an organisation adopts the shift-left principle, they reduce their costs and...