You are here
Data Protection Advisor
We are looking for a Data Protection Advisor to integrate our Privacy & Data Governance BU.
The current business dynamics are unprecedented for this department, which is multiplying ambitious projects all over Belgium. In other words, Approach is a major player in Data Protection and Data Governance and is quickly evolving.
We are therefore actively looking for people who have the ambition to participate in the development of the data protection department at Approach, while advising clients from various sizes and sectors, helping them improve their privacy and risk management maturity, providing top-notch legal expertise as well as governance recommendations.
You will have the opportunity to grow your expertise by getting acquainted and/or certified in recognized industry and privacy standards (ISO 27001, ISO 31700, Europrivacy certifications, etc.) with our experts, and advise clients on the latest legislative frameworks.
You will join a small team with all levels of seniority. You will integrate your field of action within a more global cybersecurity approach. Therefore, you could rely on the knowledge of your expert colleagues with both technical and legal backgrounds.
- Provide high value services to customers in the light of Approach’s data protection offering/business:
- Bring your knowledge and energy on different steps of data protection projects, autonomously or within the team.
- Advise on all aspects of data privacy.
- Participate in the development of Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIA) and supervise their implementation.
- Monitor compliance with the international and local data protection legislations (e.g., GDPR , HIPAA, e-privacy directive, Data Governance Act, …)
- Drive privacy compliance audits.
- Train employees involved in data processing activities.
- Liaise with national Supervisory Authorities (SA’s)
- Use your energy, your proactivity, and your smile to develop our Privacy & Data Protection business unit by (for example):
- Actively contributing to the development of tools and methodologies used by your team.
- Sharing your knowledge about sector news to your team.
- Contributing to develop a business/commercial approach towards potential customers.
- Following and coaching junior colleagues on your specific expertise.
You have :
- Recognized Data Privacy Officer certification
- OR Master of Laws or Bachelor with a legal orientation
- OR any other training, certifications, Executive Master, … in the frame of data protection.
- Good understanding of Information Risk Management and methodologies
- Interest in Data Protection technologies and how they link to Data Privacy
- English, French and/or Dutch is a must have. Bilingual (FR/NL) is a plus.
Considered as a plus:
- Every first experience in a similar function (DPO, Assistant DPO, Privacy officer, legal counsel, …)
- Ability to understand senior management considerations (strategic level) and ability to help them in their decision.
- Good understanding of ISO27000 standards
- Experience in risk assessments as assessor or contributor
- Exposure to security audit, as auditor, auditee, remediation owner
- Exposure to (security) incident response and crisis management
- Willingness to provide high quality deliverables and to go the extra mile.
- True communicator with Business level communication skills:
- To make complex legal or data protection concepts easy to understand by a business or a technical audience.
- To interact with C-level, to work with legal, GRC and IT departments, to challenge technical implementations and to understand business needs.
- Project oriented by being dedicated to the client’s objectives and give advice.
- Manage diverse workloads and prioritize accordingly.
Don’t wait and send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to talking to you soon.